this town is small – residency travel support program
this town is small, with the support of Innovation PEI through the PEI Culture Action Plan, is now offering microgrants for travel costs for professional PEI artists attending residency programs.
Deadline to apply is December 10, 2018. Applications accepted via email only.
- Open to professional artists working in any media residing in PEI
- Must be a member of this town is small inc. – membership details can be found at https://thistownissmall.com/membership/
- Must be accepted to an Artist-in-Residence program (of any length) outside of PEI
- Eligible costs are limited to expenses for travel to/from residency
- Artists participating in residencies between June 1 and the December 10 deadline are eligible to submit travel costs. Receipts must be included in the application. If the application is successful, reimbursement will be issued.
- Artists accepted to residencies between December 10 2018 and March 31 2019 may apply for support for travel. If the application is successful, payment will be issued in advance of the residency.
- Successful applicants must deliver a final report including receipts for travel costs and present an artist talk following their residency.
Applications must include ALL of the following:
- Letter of intent, including the impact the residency will have on your practice
- CV, bio & artist statement
- Proposed project while in residency
- Up to 10 items of support material (images, video clips, sketches, etc.)
- Copy of letter of acceptance for residency program
- Full details of residency program including website
- Detailed budget with travel costs clearly outlined
- Receipts from travel costs if residency has occurred between June 1 and December 10 2018
- Letter of support from a professional in your field
Please send all documents as a single pdf. Support material may be attached to email or sent as a Google Drive or Dropbox link.
Send application to Monica Lacey at email@example.com Microgrant Residency Support in the subject line.